I’ve never been SMALL. I was born almost a month late, and I weighed almost 13 pounds at birth. (My amazing Mom!) I was always the tallest kid in my class (and the skinniest), and I grew to be the tallest in my family.
Here’s the weird thing. Even though I stand 6 feet 5 inches tall…I can still feel small on the inside. Have you ever felt that way?
Feeling small can look like…
- Not sharing your thoughts out of fear of judgement.
- Holding back your opinion because it might be put down.Letting someone else take the lead out of fear of failure.
- Settling for a job that’s comfortable so that you won’t have to be stretched.
- Doing anything and everything not to draw attention to yourself.
- Believing your dreams are just fantasies not worth pursuing.
I love what author Tim Ferriss says, “Life is too short to be small.”
Maybe you’ve been living a small life, and now it’s time for you to GROW into your potential. Here’s what I know to be true about you…
- Your thoughts and opinions are needed in this world.
- You have the ability to take the lead in some part of your life, family, school, workplace, and faith community.
- You don’t need to settle for a job that’s beneath you.
- You are seen by others, and they like what they see.
- Your dreams are worth pursuing, because you only live one life.
What would it look like for you to stop being small and start growing into your potential?
Side Note: If you’ve never read one of Tim’s books, I would suggest “The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich.” That book changed my life.