Sara Wilson is the founder of SW Projects, a content consultancy that crafts platform-first content strategies and unique creative ideas that help build social-first communities for brands and digital publishers. SW Projects has advised on digital content, influencer and innovation strategy for Bumble, WeWork, the New York Times, Bustle, National Geographic, Playboy, Ouai Haircare, GoldieBlox, and others.
For nearly five years, Sara ran lifestyle partnerships at Facebook and Instagram, where she developed relationships with many of the most influential food, fashion, home, health, wellness and travel publishers and personalities in the world by helping them grow their brands on the platforms, and built Instagram’s game-changing fashion vertical, essentially creating the playbook for how to “win” a vertical on a social platform.
Before that, she was a journalist and editor. She ran several sections at the Huffington Post—where she pioneered concepts of social-first storytelling at scale—and wrote for multiple publications including The Economist, Los Angeles magazine, People and The Independent (UK).
Because Sara has deep experience on both sides of the equation—journalist and platform—she knows how to help both brands and publishers deliver killer content optimized for the ever-changing ecosystem of today ’s content consumer.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Sara knows when it’s the right time to make a career move.
- How to create a position that doesn’t even exist yet.
- The power of G&T to take your career to the next level
- Whether or not to focus on building your personal brand while working for someone else.
- Why brands need to function like publishers, and publishers need to function like brands.
Connect with Sara:
- The Short of It (past issues)
- Instagram – Sara Wilson
- Instagram – SW Projects
Don’t Miss A Single Episode: